Residents and friends of Dalton Gardens, ID . . . thank you for your help . . . to improve the New Wireless Telecommunications Ordinance for Dalton Gardens
Dalton Gardens passed Ordinance No. 278 (drafted by attorney Andrew Campanelli) pertaining to Telecommunications Towers and Personal Wireless Service Facilities
Our city is drafting a telecommunications ordinance that proposes to allow wireless telecommunications facilities (WTFs) in our residential district, next to our homes, in our parks, along our streets, on the roofs of our houses, and near our schools. The proposed ordinance does not require notifying nearby property owners or allowing us to appeal any decision to locate wireless antennas. Imagine coming home from work and finding a WTF and its auxiliary box the size of a refrigerator in front of your house. Now imagine that you cannot even appeal the installation.
Since the proposed telecommunications ordinance was published in January, we have been discussing the impacts of this ordinance and have been looking for another way to balance the convenience and benefits of personal WTFs and the rights of the Dalton Gardens community.
The Planning and Zoning Commission will be holding a hearing on this ordinance at 6:00 p.m., February 25, 2021 in person or by zoom, and we need your help.
- We need you to enter the conversation.
- We need you to read the proposed ordinance with our additions.
- We need you to read the research about WTFs
- We need your input so we can work with the City of Dalton Gardens to co-develop a balanced, reasonable, practical telecommunications ordinance.
- We need you to show up on Feb 25th at the Planning & Zoning Commission meeting.